Redesign of Python site

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 9 15:06:22 EDT 2003

    amk> I envision people wanting information on a specific version first,
    amk> only later going to the more generic items under "documentation".
    amk> Do other people think this would be a good idea?

I think docs are more important than specific versions.  Sure, the first
time they come to the site they'll be looking for "Python 2.3".  But most
times after that they'll want documentation.  The most frequent page I visit
on the site is

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/modindex.html

That far outpaces any other page on the site, even the home page, so I
bookmarked so it's one click away.

Skip