spam killing with poplib

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sat Sep 20 17:39:49 EDT 2003

Robin Becker wrote:

[snip]
>>Phil Weldon, pweldon at mindspring.com
>>
>>"Simon Burton" <simonb at webone.com.au> wrote in message
>>news:pan.2003.09.20.06.52.21.266409 at webone.com.au...
>>>
>>> This was so easy :)
>>>
>>> Simon Burton.
> .... you're right, I had to use patterns like

Almost all the spam I'm receiving has an attachment whose file
type is one of .exe, .bat, .com, .scr, .pif, and a few others.  Is
there a way for your Python script to check for that?  How do you
do that in Python.

I'm guessing that you are not in the mood for receiving executable
files right now.

Here is a strange thing: I'm using procmail and junkfilter to
dispose of these.  I looked at procmail's log, and noticed that
in many cases (but not all) I seem to be receiving exactly 2 spam
emails from each From address. I suppose this worm does not want
me to think I can do something so simple as send a request to one
infected machine asking it to clean itself up.

Dave

[snip]

--
Dave Kuhlman