Distutils Configuration for Visual Studio 6?

Paradox JoeyTaj at netzero.com
Sun Sep 28 14:05:02 EDT 2003

I have tried to run setup from source for PyOpenGL and PIL and on both
I get this error

"error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and
extensions need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but
it isn't installed."

I definitely have VS6 installed. I can't figure out were in the code
this error is getting generated and it doesn't mention anything about
VS in the distutils documentation. Does anyone know how to get around
this error?

                                  Thanks Joey