Using Jython with JSPs

Alan Sheehan adsheehan at eircom.net
Thu Sep 25 13:24:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am re-engineering a lot of existing Web JSPs and hoping to have each
JSP execute a Python script to specify the page contents i.e. a easy
way for end users to modify aspects of the pages without deep Java
know-how.

I have proven the above by creating an interpreter in each page and
simply executing a script file.

I have performance concerns with the above and would like to
pre-create one or more interpreters in the JVM that can be reused by
the JSPs.

Is the above possible and how ? I use Apache or Tomcat as the Web
Server.

Thanks
Alan