Processes.

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Sep 15 14:20:04 EDT 2003

Guy,

Basically working with processes in a cross-platform manner is a pain.
:)  Yes PIDs are more of a Linux/Unix thing. I think they do exist to a
degree on Windows but that would only be as part of Windows' weak posix
compliance layer. In Windows you generally want to talk about process
handles. However, Python's standard process handling stuff doesn't
generally expose the handles for started processes. I have a module
called process.py that might help do what you want to do. Give it a try:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/tmick/#process

Cheers,
Trent

[Guy wrote]