Can't Open PY Files

Roger Booth rogerb at netspeed.com.au
Thu Sep 4 07:35:05 EDT 2003

I've recently downloaded and installed Python23 and am having trouble getting it to function.

I've set the Windows 2000 path variable "C:\Python23" but when I type "python" in a dos command line I get a message saying  "'PYTHON' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program of batch file".

It does open when I type in the full path, and via Start\Programs\Python23, but when I enter "import 'filename'" from a file's home directory, I get a message saying: "no module named 'filename'".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RB