Cool & Useful EmPy project, prior art?

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Fri Sep 12 10:00:17 EDT 2003

> of the Emacs distribution). They are template.el and skeleton.el. There are
> no existing (to my knowledge) template definitions for Python with these
> Emacs modes but I am sure they wouldn't be too hard to produce if you prefer
> this form of interface.

I really would like to write the templates in EmPy. I'm not actually
thinking of creating a whole file, but small snippets of code to paste
into pre-existing C++ code (with Python, I wouldn't even *need* such a
program). I coded a few elisp functions, saw that the approach sucked,
and would really prefer an external program communicating through
clipboard; that way my Visual Studio wielding colleagues could benefit
from the program & templates as well.

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24