None, False, True

Pettersen, Bjorn S BjornPettersen at fairisaac.com
Tue Sep 16 14:49:21 EDT 2003

> From: M-a-S [mailto:NO-MAIL at hotmail.com]
>
> Can anybody explain this:

sure.

> Python 2.3 (#46, Jul 29 2003, 18:54:32) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
> (Intel)] on win32

You're running Python 2.3 on a windows os.

you're assigning the value 3 to the name 'None'

> <stdin>:1: SyntaxWarning: assignment to None

the compiler warns you that 'None' is a special name that you probably
don't want to rebind.

you assign the value 4 to the name 'False'

you assign the value 5 to the name 'True'

> (3, 4, 5)

The interpreter prints the value of the tuple you entered.

Which part of this didn't you understand? (my mind-reading skills are
too rusty to determine if you think this shouldn't happen for some
reason...)

-- bjorn