Python REST framework?

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:52:05 EDT 2003

> [Jeremy Jones]
> Does anyone know if there exists a Python REST (web services) framework?
> I've googled and come up short.  I don't think it should be that hard to
> do ...

I'm interested.  But I have been looking at the discussion on the rest
mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rest-discuss/ and it
seems they haven't found a solution for the user:password thing yet.
Using SSL is a must, but then what?  Create some unguessable URI?
That is not safe enough for banking applications etc.  And using
lowlevel http stuff is also being frowned upon.

Consider creating a multiuser web-based game in a RESTful way, where
players can use a password to get access to their avatar.  I haven't
figured out yet how to do such a thing according to REST, using Python
Standard Library modules.

--
Real programmers can write assembly code in any language.
                -- Larry Wall