Web server with Python

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Mon Sep 15 21:48:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 08:18:25PM +0200, Patrick Useldinger wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:43:30 +1000, Andrew Bennetts
> <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
>

> >Eek!  Does 1.0.7 (just released) work any better?  Also, what platform are
> >you using, and are you installing from the source .tar.gz or something else?
>
> I didn't try 1.0.7, didn't even know that it was out.
> I am on a WinXP box and used the prebuild binaries.

Ah, ok.  The prebuild binaries for Windows only work on one version, and I
think the Windows maintainer has chosen to only support 2.2.  You're welcome
to build your own from the source, or try to convince someone on IRC to
build 2.3 binaries for you ;)

Also, you don't need a compiler to use Twisted.  The C extensions are
entirely optional, and just provide some optimisations over some of the
equivalent pure python modules, but most users would probably never notice
the difference.

> I have started digging into Medusa right now... and stay focused on
> that one until I have a blocking problem or I get bored ;-)

We'll be waiting ;)

-Andrew.