How do I learn operator overriding?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Sep 19 16:03:52 EDT 2003

John Roth wrote:

> A new mass mailer worm hit the net at about 9:00 PM EST last night
> (at least, that's when I started getting the spam from it.) It seems
> to be
> using a really old hole in Windows, meaning that if you've kept up to
> date
> with your patches, you should be safe from infection.

Being completely safe from infection doesn't mean that you won't get
hammered by the spam the worms generate.  All you need to be is in the
address book of someone whose machine was compromised.  (My machines
don't run Windows, so they certainly haven't bee compromised by a
Windows worm, but I'm seeing tremendous spam loads nevertheless.)

/  \ You and I / We've seen it all / Chasing our hearts' desire
\__/  The Russian and Florence, _Chess_