Python Documentation?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Sep 1 08:24:25 EDT 2003

"Daniel R. Smorey Jr." <smory at ptdprolog.net> writes:

> I'm looking for a good place for Python documentation.

In addition to what others said, there's Thomas Heller's pyhelp.cgi
thingy:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi

and Mark Hammond's Mozilla sidebar:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/mozilla/index.html

(which provides an interface to Thomas' script).

> I'm really lost on why it's so hard to find anything when it comes
> to me looking up a particular function in Python.  My example would
> be the split() function of the string module.

You mean you weren't born knowing what that did?  Sheesh, kids these
days... <wink>.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Never meddle in the affairs of NT. It is slow to boot and quick to
  crash.                                             -- Stephen Harris