Important news For all webmaster,newsmaster

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 27 22:05:54 EDT 2003

Wazo at that.bug.you.on.net.com> wrote:
> To fight Copyright and illegal usagers of Newsgroups
> it's recommand to set all you News server to receive and send
> only 32 kbytes of article for all newsgroups (250 lines)

Well that would restrict about 2/3rd of Alex's posts.  ;)

Actually, there's only post in the last couple weeks over
32Kb, and Alex has the 4th largest post at 14Kb.  Not
that a limit would change anything; back in the old days,
newsreaders included features to merge uuencoded binaries
from multiple, smaller postings.  I've not needed it now
that the web is a much better source for posting large
files.  But for that old time feel, search Google Groups
for "Python 0.9.1 part"
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Python+0.9.1+part%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&start=10&sa=N&filter=0
and download all 20 parts (part 2 wasn't needed.).

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com

(Hah!  Knew I could make the response on-topic.)