Comments on Python Redesign

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 09:20:33 EDT 2003

"Graham Fawcett" <fawcett at teksavvy.com> wrote in message

> Developers will always be first-class Python users; it's a programming
> language, after all. Whether they should be first-class users of
> www.python.org, in my humble opinion, is questionable.

I don't think so. They *are* the primary users of www.python.org
If you're suggesting that to give a professional feel, we should be like
Microsoft by moving around content so nobody can find it any more,
I strongly disagree.

I exaggerate, of course. However, although, I am not a complete
purist about it, keeping deep links (like say the PEPs) from breaking
should be part of the aim of the redesign. I'm sure it is.

What happens on the front page is up for debate. Developers can
bookmark a separate developer home page - I've no problem with that.