Python reading output from a running, external process

Brian Elmegaard brian at rk-speed-rugby.dk
Wed Sep 10 05:52:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a python or a wx question. However, I am
working on a GUI for a simulation tool written in fortran. The output
from this program during simulation written to memory and at the end
to a file. Probably, this is the most portable way of handling
output(?)

Now, if I would like to build the GUI, so every time the simulator
writes new output to the output buffer in memory, the GUI would update
the onscreen output, could I do that?  If not, is there any way to do
it except making a library function/dll from the application and run
that from python?

PS: I have taken a look at mmap, and perhaps this is what I am looking
for? But can the file to open be the output buffer from a process? On
windows? On unix?

tia
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)