MySQLdb installed, won't connect on OSX

Peter Nikolaidis xy at nikolaidis.com
Sun Sep 28 22:28:30 EDT 2003

>> running install
>> running build
>> running build_py
>> not copying CompatMysqldb.py (output up-to-date)
>> not copying _mysql_exceptions.py (output up-to-date)
>> not copying MySQLdb/__init__.py (output up-to-date)
>> not copying MySQLdb/converters.py (output up-to-date)
>
>         <snip>
>
>         Well, my first thoughts would be to remove the destinations
> files, so
> that the build/install doesn't find "up-to-date" versions of files...
> Then force a build of everything...

Hello and thanks for the reply.

	I gave that a try, started everything from scratch, with only my
directories under /sw/include/mysql and /sw/lib/mysql specified in my
include_dirs and library_dirs variables in setup.py.

	I still get the following when trying to connect:

   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 63,
in Connect
     return apply(Connection, args, kwargs)
   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line
116, in __init__
     self.converter[types.StringType] = self.string_literal
TypeError: object does not support item assignment

	Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Petre