Memory profiling

Rune Froysa rune.froysa at usit.uio.no
Wed Sep 24 17:34:01 EDT 2003

I have a fairly large program that uses a number of third-party
modules.  After a few hours the program eats several 100M of memory.

Does Python provide any tools that can help in determining where the
memory is used?  Ideally, I would like to see a tool that can list all
objects by memory-usage, but any tool that can return the number of
bytes used by an arbitrary object would be of great help.  Even
something that could find all allocated dicts&lists and return their
size+name would help.

Regards,
--
Rune Frøysa