How to accelerate python application GUI speed

ulysses ulysses_dm at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Sep 4 08:11:54 EDT 2003

Thanks to all.

To:John J.Lee
I download 'venster' and test a small samples. I think it's good idea
for python GUI.
I has use MFC, but I don't like MFC framework. but I like VENSTER's
way. I only need
make GUI by VC. and write code in python . that code very clear and
obvious. I'll test
for complete project. anyone has make project to do it?   thank you.

To: Mark Roach

I has read this article. It's same as my idea. But the code sample is
make a foo button
in wxWindows ,use swig link to wxpython. I don't know if I make a frame
in wxWindows.
Can I use it in wxPython.  Who test it?  thank you.

To:Jim Dabell

I download pyQt ,But I hasn't test it. QT is C++ GUI framework. It's
very cool too.

To:Brian Kelley

sorry about my poor english.
I say 'slow'. It's mean wxPython application start up very slow and use
big memory.
core python code very quick. I use thread. Because Bit-torrent is a P2P
program.
it's have many intercurrent internet connection for download and
upload.

>>I'll assume that your bit-torrent code has a pretty simple interface,
>>such as "download this file to here", "I'm X percent done" and
"cancel
>>the download"
~~~~~ you are right. I only need get these information from bit-torrent
.
It's use a function to communicate with GUI and core program.

If you should post you code . I very thank you. I like study with you.
thank you.

To:Harobed
I didn't test pyGTK. thank you.
You know I very care speed and use in WIN32,I hear GTK very slow.

my BitTorrent client (ourbt) download address

ftp://ourbt:ourbt@211.90.187.42:2111/ourbtsetupen.exe

After you use it,you will know what i need. :)

Ulysses