send email

Riccardo Attilio Galli riquito at riquito.matrix
Thu Sep 25 13:04:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:25:18 +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:

> On Thursday 25 Sep 2003 2:51 pm, Riccardo Attilio Galli wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:46:16 +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:
>> > if anyone has any comments I would like to see them.
> <snip>
>>
>> peter, your program write 'e-mail' absolutely not rfc2822 compliant.
> <snip>

> Yeah, I thought It was not compliant. Thanks for the weblink. I have
> changed it based on the standard and what you said, but I have a few
> questions:
>
> 1. message-ID: I have written an few lines of code that have the date
> and time on one side of a @ and the computer's name of the other. is
> that OK?

I'm in a hurry, so I can't loock at rfc. I think it's too simple. It
should be something really hard to generate again. Look at some real
e-mail you received.

> 2. is there a better way to make the date string that the loop that I
> have?

Probably, but I can't tell it now.

> 3. line length: Is having it set to 78 ok or is that 2 over the limit?

It's over the limit. 78 is with \r\n.

> Here is the new code:

there's a bug here

> while end == 0:
>     msg=raw_input()
>
>     if msg=='':
>         if new_line_1=='1':

If I would press enter in the first line, it raise a NameError (new_line_1
is not defined)
So define it before the if.

> Thanks again
>
> Peter