Where to publish my code

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 07:05:49 EDT 2003

prochak at netzero.net (Erik Lechak) writes:
[...]
> 1) Vaults of Parnassus - have not tried it yet. The registration
> process makes it looks like they don't provide the space for the
> application.  I could be wrong?

I've never heard that they provide web space.

> 2) Sourceforge - A little too bloated for my needs.  But they do
> provide the space to put my code.  I used them before and it was kind
> of a pain to do updates.
[...]

Just ignore their file release system (which is apparently going away
soon anyway).  That's what I do -- treat it as free web space.  All
you need is scp and ssh.  You can shut down their bug tracking system
too, so people don't start posting stuff there.  SF doesn't provide
download stats, since it's expensive for them to provide (apparently).

4) GNU has an SF clone called Savannah.

John