Errors while compiling SWIG wrappers on Solaris

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Sep 9 14:08:05 EDT 2003

Michael Schmitt wrote:
> I tried some hints I found on the web:
> "-shared" for compiling and linking.
> "-fPIC".
> "-Wl,-G".
>
> But none of these (also in combinations) worked. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Michael
>
> --------------------
> Text relocation remains                         referenced
>     against symbol                  offset      in file
> <unknown>                           0x2610      ../svm.o
> <unknown>                           0x2614      ../svm.o

svm.o is not position-independent. You need to compile *svm.o*
with -fPIC. Passing that option to any other compiler commands,
or the linker line, will be irrelevant. Once you've done that,
you may find that additional object files are not
position-independent, either, you then need to compile these
with -fPIC as well.

Regards,
Martin