SMTPlib Emailing Attachments

Jochen Knuth J.Knuth at ipro.de
Wed Sep 17 14:29:13 EDT 2003

Hi Bill,

Bill wrote:

> I am trying to have the capability to email attachments. Specifically
> I want to be able to email a specific attachment that I name that may
> be a PDF document, text doc, etc. I already have a working piece of
> code that emails jpg attachments but does not work with any other
> types of attachments. Could someone tell me how to modify this code to
> send other types of attachments like the one's stated above(especially
> PDF's)?

look at the email package (included since Python 2.2), documented at
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-email.html , specific to
MIME-Attachment is http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node501.html .

Ciao,
Jochen
Jochen Knuth          WebMaster http://www.ipro.de
IPRO GmbH             Phone ++49-7152-93330
Steinbeisstr. 6       Fax ++49-7152-933340
71229 Leonberg        EMail: J.Knuth at ipro.de