Thoughts on PEP284

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Tue Sep 23 14:31:03 EDT 2003

Stephen Horne writes:
> True, it is mostly just an alternative notation for range or xrange.
> But the integer for loops thing is something that never seems to go
> away. PEP284 itself quotes four previous PEPs on broadly the same
> issue.

I am of the opinion that the introduction of enumerate() (in 2.3) will
go a long ways toward reducing the desire for better integer loop
syntax. I'm sure it will never go away completely, but if the demand
seems to die down after a year or so, then I'd guess it was due to
enumerate().

-- Michael Chermside