Can Python Module Locate Itself?

sj _remove_jones57 at swbell.net
Thu Sep 18 03:39:27 EDT 2003

Thanks all for the many useful suggestions.

One of the reasons I placed the docs in comments is that I have a modified
version of head which outputs the initial comment block of a file. Its
smart enough to recognize c++, java, python and lisp commenting styles. On
reflection I'm not sure this approach offers any advantage over the elegant
and standard python doc string.  Also it would be easy to to update the
modified head program to look for any initial doc strings.