OT: Americans love their guns

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Sep 11 03:56:31 EDT 2003

Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak at inka.zagiel.pl> wrote previously:
|I think it's a mistake to cite Lott here. As an extreme libertarian he
|has shown his own bias a couple of times. His famous "More guns, less
|crime" findings has been challenged recently (see e.g.
|http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/alerts/reader/0,2061,562387,00.html

As well as Lott's tendency to outright falsify data, which Staniak
cites, Lott is pretty much an unabashed White Supremicist ideologue,
e.g.:

    http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/wholott.htm

He's actually quite a nut in a lot of ways other than that, for example
arguing that dioxin is harmless to people; or that wealthy people should
not be punished for committing violent crimes, only poor people.

Yours, Lulu...

--
mertz@  | The specter of free information is haunting the `Net!  All the
gnosis  | powers of IP- and crypto-tyranny have entered into an unholy