Is there a unicode EOF mark like DOS ascii ctl-z or unix crl-d ?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Sep 7 23:48:41 EDT 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:

> Thanks. I tried EOT on the assumption, but windows console type
> command doesn't stop on it,
> much less notepad, so I guess I have to do something else.

If you're using Windows, you'll have to go with whatever nonstandard
options they give you.  I don't think contemporary Windows editors
respond to a keystroke to mean end of file.  If you're using command
line stuff in DOS, it's C-z (ASCII SUB, which means something entirely
different from end of file).

/  \ To be a man means to be a fellow man.
\__/  Leo Baeck