Anybody else having problem *sending* mail to this list?

eltronic at juno.com eltronic at juno.com
Thu Sep 18 22:10:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:39:39 -0500 Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>  Terry> Yes, a worldwide virus-induced mail blizzard.
>
> This has been my biggest gripe about the damn virus.
> The virus  itself was
> no problem for me since I don't use Windows,
[...]
> Shouldn't virus scanners simply eat the virus
>  and not send another mail?

its seems an obvious futility to send a notice
from a spoofed header. it may be useful to
request the steps & reg files necessary to turn off
this misfeature from the various virus scanner ceo's.
although I hesitate to suggest everyone bounce
these notices with yet another email telling admins
how to stop contributing to the problem.
better idea would be to delay any bounce a few days.
instant notification is no help in any case.
any notice could be just sent to the postmaster.
since nobodys in charge I guess its like too much
water, you build a dam or live with the flooding.

heres one that gets it, but no solution in sight.
"Why (some) anti-virus companies are to blame for
the recent e-mail flood"
http://www.f-prot.com/news/gen_news/open_letter_10sept2003.html

please forward all spam  to "uce at ftc.gov"<help at ftc.gov>

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!