pymqi sample code

Miranda Evans mirandacascade at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 12:24:16 EDT 2003

I am attempting to locate code fragments from python scripts that
illustrate how to accomplish 2 different tasks using pymqi

1) when making a call to MQPUT, want to set 2 different message
descriptor values:
      - want to set MsgId to MQMI_NONE
      - want to set ReplyToQ to a string the contents of which is the
name of the queue in which a subsequent MQGET will retrieve the
message, e.g. "QL.MYREPLY"
It appears as though this would be accomplished in the constructor of
the md() class, but I'm unsure of what the code would look like to
instantiate an instance of the class with those 2 message descriptor
values.

2) according to IBM documentation, when MsgId is MQMI_NONE on an
MQPUT, a unique message identifier is created and put in the message
descriptor; how can the python script obtain the unique message
identifier that got created?

thank you.