Polymorphism the Python way

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Sep 3 13:38:19 EDT 2003

At 10:04 AM 9/3/2003 -0700, Cousin Stanley wrote:

>} I don't think that it has changed its meaning;
>| most people just use the term incorrectly.
>
>     Add to these the  OFTEN  confused terms
>     accuracy and precision ...

Precisely what I was thinking.

I looked at a digital thermometer in Radio Shack. It had been in the store
long enough to stabilize. It showed indoor and outdoor temperatures to a
precision of 0.1 degree. The indoor and outdoor readings differed by about
a degree. So now we know the accuracy, and the precision was therefore
worthless.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625