Python Documentation?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Mon Sep 1 10:28:41 EDT 2003

Cameron Laird wrote:
> [...] Pythoneers [...] have a vehicle for sharing code examples,
> commentary, and related matters:  the Wiki (complementing,
> incidentally, the Cookbook).

Well, these are already two places, not one :) My observation is that in
Pythonia, there is quite a diversity in places where code snippets and
tips are collected. In addition to the two big sources you mentioned,
there's also the Python FAQ, for example.

As far as Wikis are concerned, I'd like to humbly suggest that people
really use the Wiki at python.org, instead of putting content that
concerns Python itself into their own wikis. Yes, I also mean you,
Twisted guys! :-P

Decentralisation may have its places, but not for documentation and
knowledge bases, IMO. That is, if you want to improve on Google being
your documentation index ;)

-- Gerhard