Reduce need of backslash

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Fri Sep 26 17:47:59 EDT 2003

John Roth writes:
> And you can parenthesize a surprisingly large number of places. One
> that I learned just recently was that the entire operand string of the
> print statement can be put into parenthesis.

Basically, you can parenthesize anywhere that an expression is expected.
The only place that you can't which still bugs me frequently is this:

from myModule import function_one, function_two, function_three \
    function_four, function_five, Class_six, Class_seven

which I use when typing "myModule." in front of the items would be
burdensome. Of course, "from myModule import *" is concise, but evil
and should be avoided.

-- Michael Chermside