OT: Americans love their guns

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Sep 11 10:22:12 EDT 2003

I had written:

>To in fact specifically not be a statistic.

>Yes, there is something quite American about that viewpoint. God bless.

Adding a bit more polemic/point-of-view to a polemic/point-of-view that is
not fully my own, but with which I have considerable sympathy:

That the statisticians have to understand themselves as impotent in this
argument.  Except that to the extent that statistics indicate a cost to the
freedom to gun ownership, another cost of freedom has been identified.

There are many. Why wouldn't there be. Nothing worthwhile is without cost.
Rubbing those costs in one's face?  To what end?

Art