installing PyQt

Michael Mossey michaelmossey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 16:19:52 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm trying to install PyQt for windows together with
non-commercial Qt version 2.3.0.  When I try to run a sample Qt
program I get this error:

  File "c:/DOCUME~1/mossey/LOCALS~1/Temp/python-1872fAk", line 1, in ?
    from main_qt import *
  File "main_qt.py", line 2, in ?
    from qt import *
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\lib\site-packages\qt.py", line 17, in ?
    import libsip

I'm assuming it can't find libsip.dll.  This file is located in the
directory C:\Program Files\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ and I added
that directory to both the PYTHONPATH and the PATH.  This is windows
2000 so I used the system dialog to do it, and then rebooted the
computer (I don't know if rebooting is necessary).  I keep getting the
same error.  I tried copying libsip.dll to the C:\winnt directory and
it still didn't find it.  Can someone familiar with Python on Windows
2000 give me a clue here?

Regards,
Mike