Where to publish my code

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 12:31:54 EDT 2003

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> [Erik Lechak]
> > 2) Sourceforge
>
> [John J. Lee]
> > Just ignore their file release system (which is apparently going away
> > soon anyway).  That's what I do -- treat it as free web space.  All
> > you need is scp and ssh.
>
>    After a couple of months of doing this I received a request to move the
> files from the web space to the release system. May depend on how often your
> files are downloaded.

I've been doing that for over a year, so it seems that low bandwidth
projects like mine don't bother them much.  I certainly don't remember
reading anything when I signed up that requires you to use their file
release system.  Maybe when they roll out their new file release
system (supposedly easier to use) they'll be less tolerant.

John