My future Python IDE article

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Wed Sep 10 10:37:47 EDT 2003

"John J. Lee" wrote:

> achrist at easystreet.com writes:
> > Tom Lee wrote:
> > > JEdit is fantastic.
> [...]
> > a bad crash -- I don't recall exactly what -- maybe a BSOD or a
> > JVM crash.  That's not the kind of thing I enjoy, so I haven't
> > used it since.
>
> What platform was that (JVM, OS)?

It was WinNT SP6 with java sdk 1.4101. I figured that I had given
jEdit and the JVM a fairly demanding test -- I don't have much idea
how you could write an app in any language that could manage resources
like memory without leaking or fragmenting at least a little once in a
while, and after a run of a few weeks, something demised.

It didn't really bother me much, but if it happened again, that would
have bothered me.  As this thread has shown, there are plenty of
other options for python coders, so I moved on to try another.  I see
that there is a bug-fix pre-release of jEdit now out.  Maybe I'll
give that a try.

Al