Checking for invalid keyword arguments?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Sep 29 09:41:20 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> By the way, you didn't explain why you don't want to get passed arguments
> you didn't expect.  Can't you simply ignore them?

I'm taking some early prototype code and changing the API around a bit
as the design evolved.  I thought I had changed everything, but had a
bug due to having missed a change in one place.  I was calling a routine
using the old API and the now incorrect argument was just being silently
ignored.

Upon further consideration (i.e. having several people point out the
obvious to me!), I've come to realize that I don't really need the
kwArgs mechanism at all.  The simplier default mechanism does exactly
what I want!  Not clear what got me thinking I needed something more
complicated in the first place.

Thanks for the help.