Announcement: ActiveState acquired by Sophos

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:03:55 EDT 2003

http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Communications/Releases/Press1064364490.html

> and in this open letter to ActiveState customers:
>
> http://www.activestate.com/corporate/letter/.

Interesting timing for an anti-virus, anti-spam merge, given that I
(along with too many others) have been getting several hundred virus
spams a day since last Thursday.  I wish you could sell UD an
effective detect and delete package.

Congratulations on being valued at over $200,000/employee.  From what
I've read, this is a decent price and a validation of your collective
work.

> While I have to get back to work (on the usual things, like adding
Python >features to Komodo, help plan the next release of
ActivePython, help plan >for PyCon 2004, iron out legal issues for the
PSF and a few other things like >that), I'll be monitoring these
lists, and welcome email questions as well -- >send them to me at
DavidA at ActiveState.com.

Do you have an ETA for Active Python 2.3?

Terry J. Reedy