Python Windows Source?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 14:39:16 EDT 2003

    Joey> This seems like a simple question but I keep looking and can't
    Joey> seem to find it anywhere. Do I have to check it out directly from
    Joey> CVS. Is there anywhere I can download the source already
    Joey> compiled. All I really want is to be able to compile PIL.

I don't believe there is a distribution which contains object files
(compiled, but not yet linked).  You can get the Python source code from
here:

    http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.1/Python-2.3.1.tgz

(that's a gzipp'ed tar file), or the Windows binary installer from here:

    http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.1/Python-2.3.1.exe

There is nothing in between.

Skip