intercepting smtp email

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandora.be
Tue Sep 30 15:04:35 EDT 2003

It seems you've looking where I've earlier this week ;-) I'm affraid
there's nothing for Python on Windows yet.

.r!kard wrote:

> Google rules:
> http://home.student.utwente.nl/g.v.berg/btk/

This one is for unices only, no Windows.

> http://pycap.sourceforge.net

 From the Todo.txt file:

* Make this work on Windows.  I briefly struggled with compiling using
VC7 under Win XP
   using winpcap_ and LibnetNT_.  No luck, and was getting some rather
interesting errors
   about missing header files which appeared to be where they should be :-/.

> http://www.ghaering.de/python/unsupported/pylibpcap/

This could be a candidate if it were available for Python 2.3.x . It's
for Python 2.2 only now.

> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-list/1578279
Further down the thread:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-list/1578500
Gerhard Häring wrote:
 >  http://www.ghaering.de/python/unsupported/pylibpcap/
 >  I'll check if the sniff.py example will work, too.

It doesn't look like it does. I may have introduced a subtle bug or some
more changes are needed to make it useful under win32.

If anybody wants to continue the win32 port, it's open source and you
can continue where I stopped.

-- Gerhard

Out of luck again :-(