DB2 driver for windows

Philip SPAMtbone at freegates.be
Mon Sep 22 17:40:24 EDT 2003

Dave Benjamin wrote:

> In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$6c56d894 at feed0.news.be.easynet.net>, Philip
> wrote:
>> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
>> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.
>
> I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
> with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
> the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
>
> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
an native driver)

I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
especialy interesting when sharing code)

But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
way i have choicen python/jython.

Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
that would be fine too.

Thanks,
Philip