python program not running from different folders

vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in
Fri Sep 12 07:38:28 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 02:20:43PM +0300, Jozsa Boti wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a strange problem: I wrote a program in python, and I get an error: ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initESSClientAPI) but only if I run the program in certain folders. The same program runs without any error from other folders. Any ideas?

As u have described it seems that the folder from which u are trying to run the
script contains some dll/so which have the same name as one of the modules u are
using in your script.

eg. like in your script u have:

import xyz
#call some function from xyz
xyz.funct()

here xyz is some python module u are using.

but as the error message says it may be that the particular folder from which
the script gives ImportError contains some dll/so with the same name i.e.
xyz.dll or xyz.so.

Still it is just a wild guess :-)

Regards
Vivek Kumar