pygtk clist usage

David M. Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Wed Sep 10 02:31:19 EDT 2003

In article <vFqdnf3p0PyDIcOiXTWJhw at fcc.net>, Ted Holden wrote:

> If anybody has any sort of a clue as to how to use a clist generated by
> glade as a list, the 'GtkList' changed to 'GtkClist' by hand, and add input
> strings using 'append' and end up seeing more than just the first character
> of each line, I'd appreciate hearing from them.

Sounds like you are appending a string instead of a list of strings.

BTW, CList is deprecated (meaning it will go away in the next major gtk
release).  ListStore/TreeView can be a bit hard to make the transition to,
though, as the documentation is rather scattered and fragmentary.  Best
sources of info are

* The examples in the pygtk-demo directory.
* The FAQ: http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=all
* The manual: http://www.moeraki.com/pygtkreference/pygtk2reference/

Dave Cook

Splifford the bat says:  Always remember

Don't waste time learning deprecated APIs.