How do I match this with re

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu Sep 4 12:57:45 EDT 2003

On 4 Sep 2003 09:35:18 -0700, rumours say that sjoshi at ingr.com (Sunit
Joshi) might have written:

>Hello All
>I have a problem here where I need to find the drive letters in a text
>file and replace them with another letter. Now the lines can be as
>long as this
>
>6 'C:\pds\bddin64\report\mto\' 'SJOSHI'
>'D:\pds\bddin64\report\format\' 'SJOSHI'
>
>with multiple entries for path; i.e. there may be 2, as above or 1 or
>more then 2. If I use the expression .*'([A-Z]:).*?', it only matches
>the 2nd D: How do I get all the path groups ..??

I assume that the drive letters will be directly after a single quote.
You need this re:

reDriveLetter = re.compile(r"(?<=')[A-Z](?=:\\)").

You can try reDriveLetter.findall() or the reDriveLetter.finditer()
functions then, each match object will match a single capital letter.

Very important to everyone working with regular expressions: the
redemo.py script.  Search for a Scripts directory in your python
directories (it's under Tools on Windows, otherwise get it from the
source distribution), redemo.py is in there along with other useful
scripts.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,