Meta programming question

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Sat Sep 27 21:33:26 EDT 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:18:15 -0600, Bruce Dickey wrote:
> I've read a number of the meta progamming articles. I have not found
> what I am looking for. I want to override assignments to variables
> which are in the module namespace (not object members -- no classes
> involved).  Can this be done?

AFAIK, no.  If it were possible, it would be very confusing.

What is it you're trying to achieve?  Perhaps a better alternative can
be suggested that doesn't break expected behaviour.

--
 \     "Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country." |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |