Video Output

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Oct 20 19:07:47 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:16:12 GMT, "Matteo Memelli" <cipher at be4mind.com> wrote:

>Il Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:45:28 -0400, Peter Hansen ha scritto:
>
>> Michael Peuser wrote:
>>>
>>> "Matteo Memelli" <cipher at be4mind.com>

I wonder if there isn't some kind of X-windows tee-ing process that can send
duplicate X-windows commands to a remote server to show in duplicate on another
machine. So if you were working using an X-windows GUI, it could transparently
be being duplicated on someone else's screen. Seems like someone would have
done this at some point.

>>> Have a look at
>>>
>>> http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> At the risk of continuing to underestimate that project, I will point out
>> that it appears to relate to video *input* signals, not video output as
>> the OP asks for.  He wants something that magically takes the output of
>> his computer (can't really be done the way he hopes) and sends it to
>> someone else.
>>
>> VNC is the way to go...
>>
>> -Peter
> Thank you I'm testing VNC :)
What (and where) is VNC?

>Anyway I would also like to understand how softwares like "import" in linux
>work. I mean is it possible to write a python script that would take
>a screen shot of my desktop?
Should be some around already IWT.

Regards,
Bengt Richter