Python mascot? How about a Pythoneer?

Robert D. Young Robert at AbilitySys.com
Sun Oct 26 13:31:29 EST 2003

If you're going to go down that path/gutter, then consider this for
inspiration:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000086ZT3/qid=1067191900/
sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/102-0229811-3673733?v=glance&s=music&n=507846  (an old
Robin Williams routine)

Do you really think a penguin is anthropomorphic? I've seen enough
variety of cartoon snakes (including the one previously mentioned at
http://www.snakecartoons.com/snake.htm and plenty of Gary Larson panels)
to think a snake makes a reasonable and flexible mascot...

- Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: MandlaX [mailto:mrs_mazuri at qhalcyoqneqt.irg.za]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 2:34 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Python mascot? How about a Pythoneer?

> > The problem with a snake as a mascot is that it is not
> > anthropomorphic enough.  > > So a snake is out.
>
>         You've never seen an old down-under strip of the simple name
"Snake",
> have you <G> Granted, Snake is usually on the receiving end of the
> damages -- even "Lady Snake" doesn't like him (and how a snake with
> Dolly Parton appendages moves over the ground I don't want to
> consider).
>
> --
I have a book of the "Snake" cartoons somewhere. Does he have a website?

The Python mascot could be non-sexist, too. Think "her" instead of
"him". (Nothing like some mammalian protruberances to anthropomorphise a
beastie) - Lady Snake, but more voluptuous, and possessing udders that
twin calves could live off?

Surely there must be a way of using such appendages to operate keyboards
and mice? (Maybe some of the female contributors could do such an
experiment for a laugh).

Sorry. Lady Snake just brings out the old letch within ...