What you can do with macros in Lisp

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 17:50:13 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:49:24 GMT,
> 	Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Right. I want to start this almost 500 message thread over again and say
>>to the Pythonistas, "I thought you valued visually cleaner code?".
>

> Yes, but we also value people who know when the horse is dead.

nonsense. in those 500 messages not once did Lispniks point out that
macros can be used for no good end other than to hide a lot of
boilerplate typing (and that is a very good end AFAIAC. Visually cleaner
code is very important to Pythonistas, so this was a serious oversight.
(It would not have been in a visually ugly language.)

this horse needs killing, too, but we all agree on cleaner code so one
good Pedro Martinez fastball in the hear should have Old Nell down
faster than Zim.

:)

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: