Python finally succeeds in cross-platform areas where Java has been failing...

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Sun Oct 26 07:13:41 EST 2003

In article <TMcjb.219243$hE5.7385752 at news1.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
			.
>But it's not really making any money from it, is it?  I saw the issue
>hotly debated (more perceptively in the business press than in the
>technical one, IMHO) in conjunction with Sun's recent bad results, and
>that's the conclusion that seemed most convincing to me -- BEA, Oracle
>and IBM seem to be the firms that make big money from Java, not Sun.
			.
			.
			.
It buys buzz.  Particularly before 2000, Sun's investment was
alleged to pay off just in the way it helped with recruiting.
The company's tried hard, but I don't think it has any more
viable way than that to profit from Java.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net