newbie needs help with GUI

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Sat Oct 4 23:42:57 EDT 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:58:54 -0400, Mel Wilson wrote:
> You don't see a lot of Usenet postings from Poland or Hawai'i, do you?
> That is why.  Had the last WTO round not failed, trade in vowels and
> consonants between Poland and Hawai'i would have solved the problem,
> to the immense profit of both.

Rubbish.  The WTO proposal for vowel-trading would have enriched the
first-world nations only, to the detriment of both.

The WIPO would have ensured that, within ten years, all nations would
need to license individual use of vowels, and the vowels would
self-destruct if pronounced in a non-approved manner.

--
 \       "Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto |
  `\    someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I |