python 2.3.1 issues DeprecationWarning for FCNTL when importing tempfile

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 5 19:33:54 EDT 2003

[Pierre Rouleau]
> Would you remember what version of the Installer was doing that?  I
> should probably report that to Gordon McMillan if i could reproduce
> it.

[Tim Peters]
> Sorry, I have only the vaguest recollection of this.  I can't
> even say whether Gordon's installer-builder specifically was
> implicated in this aged and feeble memory.  If you can
> remember what you did a few days ago, though, you could try
> to provoke it again.

I think the incident that Tim is remembering is when I asked a very similar
question to this a little while back.  Mark Hammond also came across this
behaviour around the same time.  It's definitely the McMillan software that
does it.  If you want details, they'd definitely be in the recent (last
couple of months) archives here (a google for "Meyer fnctl Peters" would
probably find it), and also in the spambayes archives (google for "fnctl
spambayes site:mail.python.org").

=Tony Meyer